Cold & Flu Prep Kit
With school starting, it makes sense to start preparing for cold and flu season. Why not, after you go back to school shopping for clothes, shoes and supplies, take a trip to the drugstore?
During that trip, be sure to stock your shelves with necessary cold and flu meds so when the time hits, you are prepared and don't have to run out when you feel lousy.
What to stock this with?
- Cough medicine
- Medicine for loosening of the mucous
- Mentholated topical cream
- Sore throat spray (good for a sore throat and a nighttime cough)
- Saline nasal spray (Tip: Get enough for each member of the house and then write each persons' name on a bottle with a permanent marker so you make sure not to share germs. Use this as much as you want when congestion strikes.
- Mint gum can be used for daytime cough
- A cold and flu nighttime medicine (for when you or the little ones can’t sleep due to symptoms)
- Plenty of movies to entertain your kids while they are sick
- Chicken noodle soup (It has been proven to help!)
Remember that the majority of illnesses picked up at school will be viral and they respond best to supportive care while your body fights it off. This can take anywhere from 7-18 days depending on your immune system and how much rest you get.
Back to Health Tips