5 Healthier DIY Cleaning Alternatives
Apr 16 2015
Are you looking for more natural ways to clean your home and limit your exposure to chemicals? Here are some healthy cleaning alternative ideas:
- All-purpose cleaner: Combine 3 parts water with 1 part vinegar. Add about 1 tablespoon lemon juice and several drops of an essential oil, like lemon or lavender.
- Glass cleaner: Combine equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Try cleaning windows when it is dark because the sun dries this cleaning fluid quickly and streaks are likely.
- Floor cleaner: Mop with a 50/50 mixture of water and white vinegar. Add a few drops of an essential oil to make it smell better.
- Oven cleaner: Make a paste out of baking soda and water. Apply the wet paste to the oven with a cloth towel then let it sit overnight (do not use the oven for this period of time). After about 12 hours, remove the hardened paste with a spatula. Spray vinegar on remaining residue and wipe until clean.
- Wood furniture cleaner: Mix about a half-cup of white vinegar with a gallon of water. Then test the mixture on a small, inconspicuous spot to be sure that it does not stain. Wet a cloth with the solution and rub on furniture, then buff with a dry cloth to remove excess moisture. Try polishing furniture a few times a year with a mixture that is equal parts olive oil and vinegar.
Back to Health Tips
4 Ways You May Experience Grief
Nov 16 2017
4 Things to Tell Your Kids about Cyberbullying
Oct 30 2017
5 Common Back-to-School Illnesses
Sep 22 2017
4 Benefits of Fidgeting & Why You May Not Need a Fidget Spinner
Jul 24 2017
6 Tips to Getting the Sleep You Need
Aug 30 2016